As Amended 12th August 2015
MEMBERSHIP OF BLOSSOMING ART IS REQUIRED TO DISPLAY YOUR ARTWORK(S) ON THE SITE AND AT ANY EXHIBITIONS ORGANISED BY BLOSSOMING ART.
ONCE A MEMBERSHIP FORM IS COMPLETED, SIGNED, returned to the office of blossoming art and accepted by us we will issue your membership card containing your details including membership number. this then forms a contract between you, the artist, and the gallery.
THIS membership WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. WE MAY ALTER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK WHETHER CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND CONTINUED MEMBERSHIP SHALL ALWAYS CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF THESE TERMS AS PLACED ON THE SITE.
EXHIBITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Artists' Terms and Conditions
“Us/Our/We The Gallery” means Blossoming Art.
“You/Yours” etc. means you, a user of our services.
“Site/Sites” means web site blossomingart.co.uk or any other sites owned and controlled by Us.
“Artwork/Artworks” means artwork/craftwork owned and controlled by You for the purposes of selling through the Site.
“Service” means the process of displaying/marketing/selling your Artwork through the Sites and/or Exhibitions.
Member Artists are invited to submit pictures for exhibition at each venue.
The criteria for entry are:
1. The pictures must be the exhibitor’s own work.
2. The subject matter of all entries should be original. A copy of another artist’s work or published material is not acceptable.
3. Paintings in Oil, Watercolour, Acrylic, Gouache, Pastel and all Drawings are acceptable, as is Collage, but other media such as Embroidery, Tapestry, Engraving, Photography etc., and prints of original paintings, including cards, are not.
4. The Management reserves the right not to hang any pictures the subject matter of which is deemed in the sole opinion of the management unsuitable for this exhibition.
5. Pictures should be suitably framed and securely strung. (Clip frames are not acceptable). Oils on box canvas painted down the sides are acceptable. A work may be rejected if considered unsuitably framed or hung
6. The maximum number of pictures per artist is SIX. However, in the event of too many being submitted, a selection procedure may have to be introduced. Please, therefore, put paintings in rank order. A small board or box of miniatures would be accepted in addition to the six main paintings. (A miniature can be no larger than 35 square inches).
7. Pictures exceeding 1 metre by 1 metre are not acceptable.
8. All pictures must be for sale. Any not priced will not be exhibited.
9. There is no hanging fee.
10. All entries should have two labels – one stuck on the reverse side and one on a card with a long enough piece of string to hang over the picture and attached at the back by tape. Each label is to include name, address, telephone number, title of picture, medium and price.
11. Commission charged on any pictures sold will be 20%.
12. Pictures should be handed in at the stated venue on Wednesday prior to the Exhibition between 10.00 am and 1.00 pm or between 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm
13. Unsold pictures should be collected from the stated venue on Sunday between 5.00 pm and 6.00 pm or on Monday following the Exhibition by arrangement at Pilling Copy, Fax & Print Shop, Horse Park Lane, Pilling, Preston PR3 6AS Tel: 01253 799119. Please note that collection begins one hour after the Exhibition has closed on Sunday.
14. If an artist fails to collect any of their artwork by the appointed time and date then the Gallery will retain the artwork for a period of 3 days at a daily cost of £5 and if after the 3rd day the artworks are not collected then ownership thereof shall pass to the Gallery, who may dispose of the paintings in any such manner they think fit.
14. Money for paintings sold will be forwarded to the artists within 10 days of the close of the Exhibition.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, WHILST EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THE EXHIBITS, THE ORGANISERS WILL ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE.
Purchasers' Terms and Conditions
1. Purchasers can pay by cash or card, no cheques taken. On payment the purchaser will obtain a receipt which MUST BE PRODUCED to enable collection of the artwork on Sunday between 5.00 pm and 6.30 pm.
2. Artwork will only be designated "sold" (by the placement of a red sticker on the artwork) once payment has been received.
3. Artwork paid for during the Exhibition should be collected from the Hall on SUNDAY between 5.00 pm and 6.30 pm or by prior arrangement on Monday following the Exhibition.
ON-LINE GALLERY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Artists’ Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting our website, www.blossomingart.co.uk(the Site). We created the site to give artists a platform from which they can sell their art to the public, hassle free, and running alongside our local Exhibitions.
These terms and conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and Blossoming Art (The Gallery), the supplier of the Service. Your statutory rights are not affected.
We are: Blossoming Art, owned by Sue White, Sole Proprietor and we operate the Site based at Pilling Copy Fax & Print Shop, Horse Park Lane, Pilling, Preston. PR3 6AS.
You are: a user of our services.
1.1 “Us/Our/We/The Gallery” means Blossoming Art.
1.2 “You/Yours” etc. means you, a user of our services.
1.3 “Site/Sites” means web site blossomingart.co.uk or any other sites owned and controlled by Us.
1.4 “Artwork/Artworks” means artwork/craftwork owned and controlled by You for the purposes of selling through the Site.
1.5 “Service” means the process of displaying/marketing/selling your Artwork through the Sites and/or Exhibitions.
2 Acceptance of Artist
2.1 We reserve the right to accept or decline Your application to market Artwork through Us. Your application includes Your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2.2 You warrant that all information supplied to Us is accurate, and up to date.
2.3 You agree to have Your artworks and descriptive information displayed on the Site.
2.4 You will inform Us of any changes in the information stored by Us including name, address and contact details, pricing of Artworks, and the Sold status of Artworks.
3 Acceptance of Artworks
3.1 We reserve the right to accept or decline Your application to market any Artwork through Us for any reason.
3.2 Membership of Blossoming Art and submission of your artwork to be exhibited on the website gives Blossoming Art the right to sell such artwork.
3.3 If a sale is made you are entering into a legally binding contract with Us to complete the sale and despatch the artwork in the agreed time.
4.1 You may market Your Artwork through other channels simultaneously with marketing through Us, provided:
4.1.1 This does not affect Your ability to deliver the Artwork to the Customer within the specified time.
4.1.2 You do not offer Your Artwork at a price lower than the price which You are offering it through Us.
4.2 If the Artwork is sold through another channel You will immediately remove it from sale on the Site.
5.1 You warrant that all work sold through Us is free of any copyright restrictions or intellectual property disputes. You warrant the Work is Yours to sell.
5.2 You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to us, and any consequences that may result from it. We reserve the right to refuse or delete content at any time that we believe is inappropriate or breaching these terms.
5.3 The copyright in the Artwork will remain with You even after ownership of the Artwork is transferred to the Customer.
6 Illustrative Images
6.1 You must supply at least two high-quality digital Images of each Artwork You wish to sell through Us: a Gallery Image and a Detail Image. The Images must be in JPEG format. The Gallery Image will show the entire artwork including frame (if framed). The minimum pixel width of the Gallery image will be 600 pixels. The Detail Image will show a portion of the Artwork to illustrate the grain of the canvas. The width of the Detail Image will be at least 600 pixels.
7 Pricing and Artwork particulars
7.1 You will choose the normal price which the Artwork should be sold for. This price must be inclusive of Your delivery and insurance costs and Our commission. Our commission rate will normally be 20% for work marketed and sold online.
7.2 We will, from time to time, agree to discount work and/or use discount codes up to a normal maximum of 15%. All artists are required to agree to accept such discounts on the selling price.
7.3 Once accepted You agree to sell the Artwork at the agreed price.
8 Delivery, packaging and insurance
8.1 You are responsible and liable for costs of all materials, packaging, delivery and insurance costs. These costs cannot be reclaimed from Us under any circumstances and should be taken into account when pricing Your Artworks.
8.2 You will ensure that Artworks are securely packaged, labelled and adequately insured for safe delivery to the Customer.
8.3 You will package and arrange delivery of Artworks to the Customer within a maximum of five working days of receiving the order.
8.5 Should You become aware of any reason why an Artwork that has been ordered from You may not be received by the Customer within 5 days, You will notify Us immediately of the reason for and expected length of the delay. We will attempt to contact the customer and in some cases may offer a refund to the Customer resulting in the cancellation of the order from You.
9 Returns and damaged goods
9.1 In the event of the Artwork arriving damaged with the Customer, You will be liable for the costs of retrieving the Artwork.
9.2 You will claim any costs in retrieving the Artwork through the insurance cover provided by Your chosen courier. We will not accept claims for reimbursement in the event of damage to Artworks under any circumstances.
9.3 You accept that if You have not taken adequate insurance, You will be liable for the costs of retrieving the Artwork.
9.4 You accept that the Customer may return the Artwork(s) within 14 days of receipt, and this will constitute cancellation of the order. We will not accept liability for Your delivery expenses in this instance.
10 Payment for Artworks
10.1 Should Your Artwork(s) be sold We will raise a purchase invoice for the Price. Customers can pay using Paypal, debit/credit card processing via Paypal, or bank transfer. The Invoice will be paid by Us no sooner than 21 days but no later than 28 days after We have confirmed delivery of the Artwork(s) to the Customer.
10.2 Payment will be made by bank transfer.
11 Ownership of Customer relationship
11.1 You agree that the business relationship between the Customer and Us is entirely owned by Us.
11.2 In the event of a return or damaged goods claim, we will release Your details to the Customer.
12.1 We put only the information provided by You for Public Use into the public domain. We will not disclose information “not for Public Use” to any third party.
13.1 You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Us, Our officers, directors, employees, agents, and third parties, from your use of the service, including any violation of these rules.
13.2 We provide this service on an "as-is" basis without warranty of any kind including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
13.3 This Agreement is entered into in England and shall be governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, English law. The courts of England shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any cost, action or proceedings, and to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these rules.
Purchasers' Terms and Conditions
1. Payment can be made by Paypal, debit/credit card via Paypal or by bank transfer.
2. The Purchaser can return the artwork for any reason within the 14 days' money back guarantee period. If an artwork is returned the purchaser must pay the postage and insurance (not reclaimable) and ensure that the artwork is returned in the condition in which it was received.